Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Publication ban in Fayoum !!

Is this news I read on Thursday in Al Shorouq daily correct ?? The Governor of Fayoum Dr.Galal Al-Said imposed a publication ban on the H5N1 updates in the Governorate. And that the only source of the information is the Governor’s office !!??

This is a plain stupidity because now everyone will believe that there is a catastrophe in the Governorate and the governor wants to hide it.

I can’t stand those publication bans anymore.It became the fashion. Already the H5N1 despite its existence in Egypt can’t be considered alarming for the Egyptians ,there are other stuff on their minds for God Sake.

It is logic for Fayoum to become a hot zone for the H5N1 ,it is haven for birds. The idea is not about the hot zones but rather how to deal with it and how to stop the spread of the virus.

I hope that this news will be a rumour because in the end of the day this news will cause more panic. I am an Egyptian and I know what I am talking about.

4 comments:

  1. This is hard for me to understand. Why would there be a publication ban about bird flu just in this area? What makes Al Fayoum so different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know Rhonda really,there are many rumors thanks to this decision already

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is not polite to describe the governor decision ''stupidity''. Obviously, some news are a kind of propaganda bue to personal benefits and this creates fear in public. I guess the governor decision is wise. Zeinobia, please watch your words so you do not lose your credibility

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mostafa, this is my blog , I have the freedom to use whatever words in it , you have the right to disagree with what I believe I respect this
    but here I am speaking about a possible epidemic not about a personal benefit new dear

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.